Cool Pinterest hacks found by Richmond movers
We formerly wrote about reasons you’d want to move to Richmond, B.C. But, amidst the busyness of a planning a move in Richmond or Metro Vancouver, anything that makes your life a little easier is definitely in your best interest. Pinterest is the hub of all things DIY on the internet, and can give you endless tips and tricks to simplify your Richmond move. All you have to do is know how to find them! Our Richmond movers found some cool ways to do just that.
How to find moving hacks on Pinterest
Before you start searching for your local moving and packing tips, it is a good idea to make an account on Pinterest. This way, you will be able to ‘pin’ your favourite ideas to reference later. Once you make an account, it’s time to start looking for ideas!
Try searching Pinterest.com for hacks made from specific materials you have lying around your house. For example, after a move, storage boxes or moving pallets can easily be repurposed and made into something great.
If you click on a picture you find on Pinterest, you can then select ‘open article’ below it for more details. Once you find some moving hacks that interest you, pin them to yourPinterest board. On your board, you will be able to see pictures of all your favourite moving hacks and moving DIY projects!
Here are some of our Richmond movers’ favourite hacks!
- Pack heavy items like books in suitcases. The wheels on the suitcases will allow them to serve as a simple form of portable storage, and will not hurt your back moving them around.
- Wrap clean socks around delicate items like wine glasses to keep them from breaking while also eliminating waste. This environmentally friendly hack will keep your breakable things safe and reduce the amount of moving supplies you need to purchase.
- Place small jewelry in an ice cube tray or egg carton to prevent them from getting tangled or lost during your move to Richmond!
- Wrap your silverware trays with plastic wrap or paper to simplify the unpacking process. This can also work for bins of toys or other organizers.
- Keep kitchen and bathroom drawers together by putting all the contents in large Ziploc bags before dumping them in moving and storage boxes.
- Organize your electric cords with toilet paper tubes to keep them visible and untangled. If you have multiple cords from one device, keep them together to make settling in easier.
If you want more of our favourite hacks for moving house, check some previous blog posts from movers listed below. These hacks will not only make your Richmond move run smoothly for a smaller cost, they will also help simplify your moving checklist:
DIY Pinterest hacks are a great way to make your Richmond moving experience easier even with a small budget. So start searching for hacks you can make right at home, and try sharing any unique projects you create yourself!